Breaking Barriers, Building Bridges (B4) offers advocacy and education to SEA queer folk and allies, through social justice community organizing. B4 focuses on creating voices and developing leaders, by providing tools for self-empowerment, while securing a safe space for SEA queer and allies to gather and discuss current events and concerns relating to injustices in the queer community.
Focus & Goals
- Leadership skills
- Discuss current events
- Organize for social justice
- Nourish & embrace self
- Healthy relations
- Health ed-risks
- Compare and contrast between LGBTQ & SEA cultural aspects
Intervention & Support Services provided:
- One-on-one Case Management, which includes: safety planning, crisis intervention, referrals to community resources, legal/medical/social services support advocacy, and home-visiting follow-ups, one-on-one mentoring
- LGBTQ education in schools/social services
- Support groups for SEA LGBTQ folks impacted by Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- B4 (Youth Space) is available for SEA LGBTQ youth & allies ages 13-19.
*Meeting weekly on Thursday from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
All services rendered are free and secure.
If you or someone you know are going through a domestic violence / sexual abuse situation, please do not hesitate to contact us. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Confidentially is our number one priority as well as your safety.
If you have any questions about our programs and services, or if you are looking for support, contact our Southeast Asian LGBTQ Advocate, Pada Lo, at email@example.com or 414-930-9352.